Saturday 14 April 2012

Is This The Day?

There can't be too many Addicks who woke up this morning without a feeling of nervous excitement.

Of course, by the time I was up and padding around in my novelty slippers, espresso machine steaming away, the bulk of the Charlton support had already been on their way to the far North West for a few hours.

I salute those people who took the plunge weeks/months ago and snapped up the affordable train travel and to those people enduring the coach journey, I hope your iPads and smartphones are fully charged and rammed with entertainment.

Carlisle Away has historical significance for Charlton already, (having grabbed promotion there twice in the 1980's.)

Is it to be a third time?

Much will depend upon the Wendies of Sheffield.
If they slip up at Colchester then we are guaranteed promotion.
If they win, it all rolls over until next week at home to Wycombe.

Of course, if the 'unthinkable' happens and Carlisle raise their game enough to give us a spanking, we will have to return and try again at The Valley next weekend regardless.

It's been a fine season for Charlton.
I just know we won't lose today.
The reason?
I'm not there!

There can't be many seasons where I can in all honesty say I've witnessed every single defeat, home and away, in both league and cups over an entire season!

So, without my grunting from the stands, Charlton can head onto the pitch in a relaxed frame of mind and perform the final dip for the line.

C'mon you Reds!
The Champagne is on ice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think it'll be next week.
Can't see Shef Wed blowing it today.

Marco. said...

What do you know????
WE ARE GOING UP!!!!!