Tuesday 5 January 2010

Brrr, it's chilly.



Happy New Year to everyone and welcome to twenty - ten.


If you are anything like me, you stuffed your face over the Festive Season and you are now feeling a little portly.



I'd decided not to go to Walsall so I didn't experience the extremely frustrating situation of finding out the game was off, while approaching the ground, as some unfortunates did.

I was sitting in a Starbuck's coffee house with members of my family when my leg vibrated to let me know the news. We had arrived early and were killing time before heading into the theatre.
My father had managed to get us some spare tickets on their local Methodist church outing, - a visit to the Cinderella pantomime at Basingstoke Anvil.
I hadn't been to a pantomime in years and really wasn't sure about going but I thoroughly enjoyed it. There were two 'stars' who were very good, (some faces from CITV's Toonattik), and 80's pop sensation Sonia was the fairy godmother. There were also some shetland ponies who graced the stage for about 40 seconds but the smell lingered far longer.

A top tip for anyone who 'likes a drink', is to frequent theatre bars when it's a kids show and the Methodists are in town.
Despite there being over 1000 seats in the theatre, the only person I had to share the bar with at the interval was my father.

Our game against the Monkey Hangers on Saturday is surely in doubt due to the weather.
I popped into a local supermarket on the way home from work, only to find that I probably have more food already in the store cupboard than they had on the shelves.
Apparently armageddon is arriving over the next few days and people had spent the evening panic buying in the way only the British can.

I feel that our game, should it go ahead, is ultimately one we should win, if only for the fact that our players should be chomping at the bit after having 2 weeks since any action.
Hartlepool also appear to be having a minor injury crisis in defence.

Good luck in the snow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOH Sonia.
I had a very weird crush on the red headed scouser over 20 years ago!
What's she like now?

Marco. said...

Hmm. She's aged fairly well. Probably an 8 out of 10, (at least she was in her fairy outfit!).

Anonymous said...

I know someone who went to a Panto in Wimbledon before xmas. It starred Brian Blessed and Pamela Anderson - the latter was doing a role rotation with Paul O'Grady and Ruby Wax.

Pam got lots of unintentional laughs due to bad acting and timing. Wonder if she wore a fairy costume..

Pembury Addick